Sri Sakthi Narayani Amma was born on January 3rd, 1976 to Shri. Nanda Gopal and Smt. Jyothiamma. It became clear from birth that this baby was very special. Amma was born with a distinct mark of the “Namam”* (Divine Symbol), which was vividly visible to all. Knowing the meaning of the symbol, many recognised the child to be holy and very blessed, and from a very young age, Amma began showing a great interest in spiritual life.
As a child, Amma participated eagerly in Pujas and Yagnas (Religious Ceremonies) and would insist on visiting temples and prayer sessions on a daily basis. In primary school, Amma had a profound interest only in spiritual life, and participated in Pujas and Bhajans daily. On many occasions, Amma would be absent from school and would be found on temple premises or at places where religious activities were being conducted. By the time Amma was sixteen Amma was known to have the gift of performing miracles and manifestations.
On the way to a temple one day, Amma was sitting in a bus by the window, gazing towards the sky. Suddenly a ray of energy traveled from Amma into the sky and took the form of Goddess Narayani (as shown in the photo below).
Goddess Narayani was dressed in white, adorned with 'Sanku '(Conch) in the left hand, 'Chakra' (Wheel) in the right, a Lotus Flower in the third and the fourth held up in the blessing posture. After the form was revealed, it disappeared and the ray of energy returned to Amma's body.
Usually experiences of energy come from outside of the body and enter the body, but it must be distinctly noted here that it went out from within Amma and returned after a form had been revealed. This signified that the time had come to disclose to mankind that an "Avatar" (Divine being) had been born.
On May 8th, 1992, Amma proclaimed to the village that Amma is Goddess Narayani who has descended on earth. Amma showed extraordinary Siddhis (Miraculous Powers). Amma asked the landlady to close and open her eyes. The landlady did so, and what a surprise she had! She did not see Amma in front of her but instead she saw the Goddess Narayani with the lion.
The Goddess in Amma spoke, “Whenever Dharma declines and Adharma rises, I take birth in the world. Now I am born here as Narayani”. "My Name is Sakthi Amma". "Amma" (Mother) is the name now fondly used by all Amma devotees. Amma is also referred to as Sri Narayani Amma. Amma is the 'Avatar' of Goddess Narayani who possesses the combined Sakthi of Goddesses Lakshmi, Durga and Saraswathi.
Many miracles followed and many people came daily to receive Amma's Darshan (blessings), Prasadhams of Kungumam, Vibuthi, Fruits & Flowers and to get remedies for their problems and ailments. As the congregation grew, a Peedam was established around Amma. Miracles alone are not Sri Narayani Amma’s mission.
Amma's pujas, service, discourses etc. are all done to elevate people into the realms of spirituality. To raise humanity into Godliness is Amma's goal and Amma does this everyday. Amma now travels to different parts of the world spreading Amma's message and guiding mankind on the spiritual path. Amma's miracles and prophecies continue to alleviate people’s sufferings.
* Namam: Pertaining to Amma it is called " SRI SHOORANAM" meaning MAHALAKSHMI the Goddess of Prosperity. It is customary to chant God's name and apply either vibuthi or kumkum or both. Some apply it as three lines horizontally across the forehead with vibuthi or in a U shape with vibuthi and a red (Kumkum) line in the centre. The significance of the Namam is that God is with you and you will always think, say and do the right thing. “Good Thoughts, Good Words and Good Actions”.
The ‘GITA’ (Ancient Scripture) states that whenever there is turmoil on the rise and mankind is in the grip of ‘Adharma’ (Vicious Force), Divinity manifest in human form in this world from age to age in order to re-establish Dharma (Righteousness) and to guide all mankind back on the righteous path.
‘Mother” is a universal embodiment of compassion. She extends her compassion, warmth and grace to protect and bless her children. God appears in many forms but to experience God in the form of a Mother brings a great deal of peace and joy.
Divinity over the ages has descended on the earth in many forms. The manifestation in the form of the Mother over the ages has been recorded in the scriptures as ‘Kamakshi’ at Kanchi, ‘Meenakshi’ at Madurai and as ‘Vishalakshi’ at Kashi. In the present age known as ‘Kaliyuga’ Mother has manifested as ‘Narayani’ at Thirumalaikodi, near Vellore in South India. This Divine embodiment is now on the mission to re-establish righteousness and lead man on the spiritual path.
In the presence of a number of devotees at a house in Vellore, Amma manifested the Sri Narayani Vigraham (Goddess Narayani statue) in an earthen pot filled with tumeric water and other ingredients. This is the Sri Narayani Vigraham to whom Amma does daily pujas.
To Be Advised Daily- Mangala Narayani Abishekam
- 4:15 AM - Sri Lakshmi Narayani Abhishekam (Sripuram) – By Sponsorship
- 5:15 AM - Big Narayani Abhishekam (NarayaniPeedam)
- 5:30 AM - Srinivasa Abhishekam (Sripuram) – By Sponsorship
- 8:00 AM - Gho Puja (Peedam)
- 8:00 AM - Big Narayani Maha Aarthi (Peedam)
- 8:00 AM - Srinivasa Matha Aarthi (Sripuram)
- 9:00 AM - Sri Suktha Homam (Sripuram) – By Sponsorship
- 9:30 AM - Dhanvantari Yagam (Narayani Hospital)
- 5:45 PM – Gho Puja (Peedam)
- 6:30 PM – Sri Suktha Homam (Sripuram) By Sponsorship
- 6:45 PM – Big Narayani (Peedam)
- 8:45 PM – Big Narayani Mangala Aarthi (Peedam) Final
- 6:00 PM Every Friday – Putthu Puja (Peedam)
- 12:30 PM – Srinivasan Abhishekam (Sripuram)
- 6:00 PM – Full Moon Puja (Poornima) (Peedam)